Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Why should I care?

I never understood the need that we seem to have nowadays to share everything that we do or think...

"Going to the movies!" - Good for you!
"Just came back from my yoga class, it was great!" - Who cares!

I can be alone on that, but I hate social media! I'd much rather ride!

Maybe it is payback (my wife surely is laughing at me all the time!), but now not only I have to join all social media sites I know, but I also have to blog!!!

This month I started my last class for the Marketing Certificate Program at UC Berkeley (Strategic Marketing 2.0: Social Media and Other Innovative Technologies). When I saw the name of the class I had a bad feeling... when I started reading the first book and it was explaining how to create a blog I knew I was in trouble... but when I read the assignment for my first module I said $#*!

During the next few weeks I'll try to share my experience with social media. Maybe I'll learn something... If not at least you can laugh at my misery as I struggle in my journey!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Luciano,
    While I do love my social networking sites, I too love to ride. My husband has a 2000 Road King Classic Harley Davidson. We love taking it out every weekend for some back road cruises.

    We recently purchased a 57 Chevy BelAire, so sadly, the time has been split between the bike and the car. Not to mention, I live in Rhode Island, so we have a short riding season to begin with.

    It will be interesting to see you on your journey into the realm of social media. But remember, it isn't about the designation. It's about the journey. :)
    ~Jennifer Lacasse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    We have a 2007 Yamaha V-Star Silverado and I used to ride a lot. With the studies at UC and other commitments I have not been able to ride much. Hopefully this year I can get out on the road some more and continue enjoying California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Luciano, I'm in the same situation as you: this is my first time "blogging" too! But as they say: "What doesn't kill you, make you stronger"! It'll be interesting and as you say Jen, we must not forget that it is not the designation that is important, but the journey! I hope we will learn a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete