Thursday, February 24, 2011

Riding with an avatar

Even though I try, the more I learn about social media the less I like it! Like I said before, I understand the benefits of social media as part of a good marketing strategy, and if you use it correctly you can reach your target market with the right message at the right place.
At the last module we were discussing another piece of the social media puzzle: second life. I think the name makes perfect sense… If you prefer to create a digital representation of yourself and spend hours online living on an alternative reality you really need a second life because YOU DON’T HAVE ONE! Why would you go online to visit a bar, go to a concert, meet people??? What happened to enjoying the taste of a cold beverage at the bar? Interacting with someone face to face? Really living?  
I would never imagine myself creating an avatar to go on a motorcycle ride online. There is nothing that replaces the sensation of being out on the road, feeling the wind on your face, enjoying the scenery at every curve. There are so many beautiful places around us to explore, new people to meet, friends to visit… and they are all out there. Not online.
 Let’s get our bikes out on the road and RIDE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment