Monday, March 21, 2011

I tried

After all of the frustration with the weather forecast last Thursday, I talked to a few friends from work and we decided that we would still give it a try if it wasn’t raining in the morning.  There was a light at the end of the tunnel… I checked the hour-by-hour forecast and the chance of rain was down to 50% for the morning and early afternoon.
Saturday morning, alarm goes off and for my joy I looked out the window and even thought the weather was overcast it WASN’T raining! Got my breakfast, changed my clothes, put on all my gear and off I went. My wife even took pictures to register my last ride before Julia comes.
To cut the story short I arrived at the restaurant we were supposed to meet and at 10:00 AM sharp a friend and his wife showed up letting me know that the other guys backed down and decided not to go. No problem, we can still go! I was just finishing up to top off my gas when it started to rain… We looked at each other and then and for my sadness decided to cancel the ride.
I guess I really can’t catch a break! At least we decided to get inside and have something else to eat. We had a nice hot chocolate, spent some good time talking and went back our separate ways. At least I got a few things done around the house and studied a little bit!
Tonight I checked online and found a few pictures of the Chili Cook-Off they had in Jamestown Saturday.  It would have been a great compliment for that cold and wet Saturday. Maybe next time! Here are the pictures from Jamestown http://www.facebook.com/JamestownHarleyDavidson?v=app_2344061033&ref=ts#!/album.php?id=119216431436340&aid=49785

No comments:

Post a Comment